For your event you need to develop a method to provide attendees with information from sponsors and your event. The event bag is a great way to distribute this information simply. Here are some of things you should consider:
Types of bags
- You need to determine what kind of bag you need and/or can afford
- Cloth bags are nice and attendees like them, but if your budget is small a simple bag will work. Cloth bags also have reusablity after the event.
What can go in the bag:
- Sponsor information
- Event Guide
- Sponsor giveaways
- You can puchase bags plan brown bags from Uline.com or 4imprint.com
Uline has these for less than 50 and a carton of 500 http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductDetailRootItem.Aspx?modelnumber=S-6856
- Sponsors might be willing to provide bags
- You can also work with your shirt vendor to see if they offer bags. The advantages of having a vendor produce your bags is that you can determine what goes on the bag. You can put your event name on the bag, sponors information, etc.
- Need to obtain material to go in the bag. Should encourage sponsor to provide information and free givesaways to put in bag (water bottle, pens, thumb drives, etc)
- Printed event guide should go in bag.
- It is best to stuff the bags prior to the event. This is best done by getting some volunteers together for a stuffing party the week, or day before the event. It is also possible do it on the day of the event provided you have a location and volunteers to do this in a timely manner. If you are going to do a day of stuffing party then you need one volunteer to determine how to do it and organize all the other volunteers. Consider having 5 or more volunteers to do the stuffing, varies depending on the amount of material to put in bag.
- Reused for you next event
- Donated to other organizations (i.e local developers group).
- Offer to attendees at the end of the event